What editing services do I provide?
- light, medium, and heavy copy-editing
- line by line or substantive editing
- developmental editing
- beta reading
- English/Italian and Italian/English translations
- other services upon request
How much do I charge?
I ask clients to send me a piece of their writing. This way I can judge the required level of editing, how long it is going to take, and ultimately how much to charge.
I also ask that clients send me their proposed budget (aka how much they are willing to spend.)
Generally, editing an entire novel costs between $200-400, depending on the required level of editing and length of the novel.
Other things to know?
I ask for a deposit up front (usually 25%). Generally for novels, I ask for $50 upfront. Then when I have finished my edits, I ask for the remaining funds.
How long will it take to complete my edits?
I generally like to have all projects wrapped-up within a month. Generally, a medium copy-edit for an average length novel will take two-three weeks.
What WON'T I edit?
To be fair to both you and me, I will not edit books in these genres:
- LGBT Romance (if there are characters who are LGBT, that's not a problem. When it becomes the focus of the story, it is.)
- Erotic fiction/steamy romance
- Books that are filthy in content
You have questions?
That's fine. I'm not scary. Go ahead and email me at danicapage.writer (at)gmail(dot)com.